Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hammer Smashed Face bass intro

If there's one part that people have asked me about the most, it's the bass break in Cannibal's song "Hammer Smashed Face". I'm sure many of you have been able to figure it out on your own, as it's not a particularly difficult part, but I'm posting it here for the benefit of everyone who may have had a little trouble transcribing it.
The part itself is actually just 8 notes repeated 4 times (above it's shown repeating twice). The tempo is around 200 bpm. Like a lot of music, it's easier to play than it might sound at first. Start off slowly, and you'll be "hammering" your bass in no time.
OK, that's it for now. I'm going to try and post some other bass parts people have asked me about in the weeks to come, so stay tuned....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS MAN NOW I CAN PARACTICE THAT SONG CANNIBAL CORPSE MUST RETURN TO PERU PLEASE